5.22.2009

Wizards, Shrek Feet, Sushi, and More!

Two things:

Just so you know, as I type this, Roman is watching The Wonderful Wizard of Ha's, the Veggie Tales version of the story of the Prodigal Son. Pretty entertaining.

I am currently taking a few minutes to sit with my feet up, as they are starting to look a little bit like Shrek's feet. (Not that they are getting green, but huge and puffy would be an accurate description.) Attractive.

Now, for the actual content of the post. Get ready...

I have started going to my prenatal appointments once a week, which is exciting. Last week I was dilated to 3 cm so I'll be excited to see where I am this week. I was at 4 cm for about 2 weeks with Roman, so it may or may not mean anything about Judah coming soon. At least it's less work for me to do later. :)

On Sunday, the high schoolers at GLORY (the youth group I help with at our church) threw me a surprise baby shower! I was VERY surprised. It was super fun! They were so cute and bought lots of lion-themed gifts for Judah (see Genesis 49:9 and Revelation 5:5). I LOVED it!

**Just FYI...I started writing this post on Friday morning. It is now Saturday afternoon. As soon as Roman's video was done, it became imperative that I read "Where the Wild Things Are". IMMEDIATELY. I, of course, was happy to be of assistance in such a dire emergency. :)

Anyway, it has taken me this long to get back to writing the post, so I'll just pick up where we left off...

I did have my appointment yesterday afternoon (still dilated to 3, everything is still looking good), and finished all of our pre-admission paperwork at the hospital, so I think we are ready to go. Inevitably, there will be more paperwork when we get there...social security card? birth certificate? who thinks about all of the paperwork?? :)

Joe surprised me with a fun "last date before baby" last night night. It was awesome. First of all, I love surprises, so when I called him on my way home from Ames to see what the plans were for the evening, and he told me Mary was at our house to watch Roman, I couldn't stop smiling. I am so blessed. We went to Fuji and had some delicious sushi and entrees. Then we went to Burgie's for some coffee and some riveting rounds of Checkers and Yahtzee. I Haven't played either of those games for about 10 years, but I'm proud to say that I dominated.

Then we stopped at Wal-Mart for oreos and milk, and then Redbox for Bride Wars and Transporter 3, and headed home to watch the movies with Mary and Tony (as Joe remembers from my pregnancy with Roman, I don't do well in Movie theater chairs while 9 months pregnant. We almost had to leave the theater during Spiderman 3 because I had to get up and walk around about 4 times.) Sorry, babe! :)

The weekend isn't going to slow down much. We have graduation parties, birthday parties, small group, and more. I'm glad to stay busy instead of sitting around thinking about and waiting for Judah to arrive. We'll keep you posted! God bless your weekend!!

1 comment: