4.10.2009

Our Lord's Passion

INRI


Sometimes it's hard for me to talk about Good Friday and know what to say. We call this day "good"? This is the day that Christ suffered.


I mean, I do understand why we call it good:


1 Peter 2:24

He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed


We call it good because we know how the story ends. As my friend Allison so eloquently wrote about in her blog the other day...Easter is Coming.


I found this article on a blog that I read sometimes...I thought it had an interesting way of helping us to understand how we should approach Good Friday...even when it's hard for us to understand.


We were supposed to watch The Passion of the Christ with the kids from youth group tonight. Roman has had a fever, though, so we will be watching it at home instead. We have sort of made it a Good Friday tradition. I think it's an amazing movie; very well done and very God honoring.
So, I hope that you'll join me in remembering the sadness of today, and in celebrating the fact that the resurrection is near. I think it's important to be able to enter into this sorrowful day, and to see Christ's death for what it is...all part of the journey to Easter. It's all part of redemption.


No comments:

Post a Comment