10.23.2013

Wants and Needs

I want to be seen.
I want to be important.
I want to be wanted.
I want to be heard.
I want to be treasured.
I want to be liked.
I want to be needed.
I want to be praised.
I want to be right.
I want to be valued.
I want to be in control.
I want to be on my A game.
I want to be neat, tidy, perfect, pretty.
I want to seem holy, patient, loving, giving.
I want people to talk about the good in me.

But it's not about me.
And it's not about what I want.

What I NEED is to see HIM.  In everyone, in every place, in every circumstance.
I need to make others feel how important they are to God.
I need to want Him above all else.  I need to want Him more than I want what he can give me.  
I need to hear, no, really LISTEN to the cries of the souls I encounter everyday.
I need to treasure His presence.
I need to like doing His will, even when it means I am not liked by those who might disagree.
I need to need Jesus...to need mercy, to need forgiveness, to need help.
I need to praise Him with every word, with every action.
I need to be right only about His goodness.
I need to value humility, service, suffering, grace.
I need to be under His control.  Every moment, every decision.
I need to recognize that failing is my chance to rely on His strength.
I need to be messy...shedding blood, sweat, and tears for the Kingdom.
I need to claim my imperfection so I can proclaim His redemption.
I need the beauty that comes from fearing The Lord.
I need to stop caring about SEEMING any particular way, and start being obedient to what He is asking me to do.  Lord, make me who you created me to be.
I DON'T need people to talk about me.

I want people to talk about HIM.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment