11.08.2011

A Month of Little Boy Moments

Really?  More than a month since my last post? 

That's pretty lame.

So, here's what's been on my mind, in no particular order:
  • How do you keep a crazy, CRAZY two-year-old busy all day when you can't go outside?  Also, how do you keep the items in your house in one piece with said two-year-old in the house all day?  Does anyone know the answer to this question?  Because I need some help, y'all.  (I'm just practicing my southern vocabulary for Christmas with Joe's fam).  I mean, other than bungee cording baby gates, refrigerators, and closet doors shut, removing bar stools from the counter, and putting child-proof knobs on every door.  Because I've already done all of that. 
  • Parenting is pretty much 100% transition.  All the time.  I know I've said it before, but it is just so true in my life, I think especially with many small children.  We change our routine/what works every day.
  • Silas is getting pretty close to walking.  He takes about 3 steps between people, although he doesn't have much desire to attempt it without someone prompting him.  Fine by me.  He slept 10 hours straight last night!!  (I'm not going to kid myself into thinking that will happen again tonight, because, please.  That would be too good to be true)  BUT, at least for my kids, more sleep = about to do something new.  Exciting and YIKES.
  • I feel like I had a lot more to say (although I'm sure the sleep habits of my baby has you on the absolute edge of your seat).  We may come back to this topic (What topic?  Random thoughts?)
Moments with Judah:
  • calls Mr. Potato Head "Mr. Head".
  • he pretty much is either eating or destroying something.  Or spilling something.  Or tackling someone.  But I think we've pretty much covered that.  Examples (all usually while I'm nursing or changing Silas OR cleaning up a previous mess made by, you guessed it:  Judah.): 
    • getting 8 pieces of bread out of the bag.  And eating three of them.  FOR A SNACK.
    • climbing on the counter, pulling a glass out of the cupboard, and dropping it on the floor.  Of course it shatters.
    • filling a cup with water, either from the fridge door or the bathroom sink, and then spilling it on the floor (or putting some in his mouth and spitting it out).
    • carrying either of his brothers (yes, he can lift Roman) across the room or pulling them to the ground and laying on top of them.  He better play for the NFL.
  • All that craziness being said about Judah, I wish I could explain his charm in spite of it all.  He has such a very sweet side.  While reading Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do You See?  I said, "Teacher, Teacher, What do you see?  Judah, what does the teacher see?" I expected him to say children but he said "fwenz!" (friends!)


Moments with Roman:
  • The first week of school we read The Story About Ping.  It's about a duck who lives on the Yangtze River in China.  The next week we were driving over a bridge and Roman looked out on the water and declared very proudly "The Yangtze River."  We had a good laugh over that one.
  • Reading a children's Bible "Mom, Jesus has a crazy mustache".
  • says "chilly bar" instead of "dilly bar".
  • calls his big wheel his "bike trike"
  • Mary came to visit a couple of weeks ago and we were talking about someone who was a boy scout.  She asked Roman "Is Daddy a boy scout?"  Roman responded "No, he's a hero".  :)
  • After Halloween Roman was, well, let's just say slightly affected by the candy.  He was running through the kitchen yelling at the top of his lungs and Joe yelled after him "Roman, is that the High Fructose Corn Syrup talking?"  He yelled back "Yes it is!"
So, that's what we've been up to...Trying to keep Judah from burning the house down and trying to detox Roman from all the Halloween candy.  Oh, and trying to enjoy the last days/weeks of a baby who can't get up and run away from me.  :)

I love them so.

1 comment:

  1. We went through a crazy destructive phase with Zach too...he still has his moments but he appears to have "grown out of it".
    Marci J

    ReplyDelete