8.25.2010

Something to Ponder...

Roman asked me a question this morning that still has me thinking. He is so profound. It's a question I'm not sure I am theologically qualified to answer. Although I have some different ideas running through my head, I'm probably going to need some help here. Father D? Jeff? Anyone else? Let me know what you would say. Remember he's 3. :)

"Did the Holy Spirit die on the cross?"

It's a tough one, huh?

As I understand it, the Trinity has always existed. Three in one. Free of what we know as "time". Before creation, and outside of what our finite minds can grasp. All three persons have always been. (Gen 1:26)

And yet, Jesus had to die in order that he could descend to hell, be raised to life, and ascend to heaven...all so that he could give us the Holy Spirit. (John 16:7)

There is always something to ponder. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. How does a 3-year-old come up with a question like that?? I mean, I happen to think he's quite an exceptional 3 y/o, but still! As to the answer... No idea. Let me know what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um.....so you are an amazing mom.....honestly i would have just said yes......so please like monica let me know when you figure it out and how to tell roman!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Amazing stuff. Such a question to ask. I think you and Joe are doing a whole lot of things right if your son is asking questions like that. God is good. :)

    ReplyDelete