- Joe is standing on our neighbor's tool shed cutting branches off of a tree. Tony is helping. The neighbor is sitting in his lawn chair watching this process. (Dwain, our neighbor is probably in his 70s...a very sweet man who sometimes mows our lawn
because he's so annoyed at how ridiculously long we let it get every weekbecause he's so generous and helpful.) Occasionally, Dwain will get up out of his chair to come supervise and give some suggestions. He stands under the tree, hands on hips, and tells them of his vast knowledge on how to do anything regarding lawn or tree care. He was a farmer, you know.
- Roman is napping. Well, not so much napping as laying in bed singing "Happy Birthday" at the top of his lungs. But that's okay with me...he slept until 10:00 this morning!!!!! It was the best morning of my life. Not because I didn't want to be playing with Roman all morning...but because, at this point, I would do close to anything for an extra couple of hours of sleep.
- I know right now you're thinking, "How did you get a two year old to sleep in??" The truth is I have NO idea. It might have something to do with the fact that yesterday Joe only had one appointment so we spent the morning at the library, went out for pizza for lunch, then went to the zoo, and finally ended our day with DELICIOUS dinner at Kathleen and Ryan's new duplex! He didn't go to sleep until 9:45 on the drive back home. But I never would have expected that he would sleep until 10. God is good. :)
- Judah has been super smiley and talkative all morning!! He is such a good baby and I promise there are more pictures coming! I can't believe how much he has changed over the last five weeks!
- (Well, this one isn't right now, but...) Roman tried to pick Judah up on Thursday. Yeah. Praise God I was in the same room and it didn't end in tragedy, but it sure made me stop breathing for a while. Now I feel that it is no longer safe for me to leave a room - even for .3 seconds. Neat.
- While we're on the topic of Roman....a few tidbits (none of which fall under the "right now" title):
- He is back to pulling poop out of his diaper. Awesome. Although, this time he was grossed out by it - hopefully that is a good sign for potty training?
- He ate dirt on Wednesday. I know, I know...I am really good at supervising toddler play.
- I gave him a bite of my yogurt the other day and he said "wow. that's amazing". :) You have to understand that Roman has a deep and profound love of all things dairy. Milk, cheese, and yogurt are his favorite things in life. One day he spilled yogurt all over himself and I actually caught him licking it off of his toes. Mmmm.
- He has been trying to teach Judah how to "pound it" and how to "feed the chickens". I know what you're thinking "What the heck is 'feed the chickens'?" I don't think I can even explain. Just ask Roman next time you see him.
- He asked me this question the other day: "Did you watch Laura the Carrot on the computer?" Uh...yes, that is a NINE word question. And for the record, the answer was "no". Not as exciting.
- This one is from before Judah was born, but I still haven't shared. I was looking in the fridge for something to eat (because that's pretty much all I did when I was pregnant). I said "Roman, mommy's really hungry". He replied "Do you want some grapes?". Why yes, yes I do. Too bad we didn't have any. It was a nice thought. :)
You're probably wondering how you got to the end of this post with there really being no point to it whatsoever. In fact it was all over the place. I apologize.