9.08.2011

love in the home

"If I live in a house of spotless beauty with everything in its place,
but have not love, I am a housekeeper - not a homemaker.

If I have time for waxing, polishing, and decorative achievements,
But have not love for my husband and children, my children learn cleanliness, not godliness.

Love leaves the dust in search of a child's laugh, the dishes for her husband's voice.
Love smiles at the tiny fingerprints on a newly cleaned window.

Love wipes away the tears before it wipes up the spilled milk.
Love picks up the child before it picks up the toys.

Before I became a wife and mother, I took glory in my house of perfection;
but now, I glory in God's perfecting of my family and me.

As a mother, there is much I must teach my child,
but the greatest of all is love."

-Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment